Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update on my life....

As many of you know, I've been extremely busy with school, but it has been going well aside from all the work lol. This post isn't about school however, this is about what I've been over the past several days. As some of you know I have been looking at houses and have been going to see a few but have only found a couple that I enjoyed enough that I wanted to purchase them. So the other day doing my typical house search I ran across a house that seemed like it was in a good neighbor, seemed like it would be big enough and wasn't far from where I currently live so I decided to go see it. My family and I load up in the car, drive over to see it, it may have be 10 minutes from where I live if that. So we get there my fiance says, "hey I heard stories about this house when I was younger", and of course I ask what type of stories, and he just says "oh just stories", and so we look around the outside while waiting for the lady to come show us it, and it's close to all the schools, the middle school is pretty much in it's back yard. It was close to stores and restuarants so I was pretty happy with it, it needed it's grass mowed and you could tell it hadn't been lived in for a bit but it appeared to be a good house from the outside. Finally the lady arrives, she shows us the inside, it was cool looking, she said they had added on the second floor in the mid 70s and that it was to be sold as soon as possible and for us to just make an offer and she would send it in. The carpet was different in some of the rooms, and the bathtub was rather old looking and had some staining in it, but that was fine, we can replace a tub and it didn't have a shower so we'd replace it anyways. We talked about it for a bit and ask the general questions about its foundation, and heating and cooling, and pipe work etc, and I noticed that the lady seemed really anxious when we walked toward certain areas of the house and she seemed to want to go outside as opposed to staying inside the house. It was 106 degrees outside, it was hot as hell and the house seemed a bit cooler given it wasn't cool but it was a lot cooler than outside. I don't like seeing people uncomfortable so I ask her if she'd rather go outside and talk, and I didn't even finish the sentence and she was like "YES, Yes please can we go outside, if you don't mind". And so I agree, we go outside, and my curiousity is being peaked because of her reaction. So I say how my fiance' had said there were stories about the house when he was growing up, and ask if she knew anything about it, that's when shit got weird. She turns pale white, ghostly white, and I'm like "are you ok ma'm" and shes all "yes, I'm fine, ummm, there's always stories about older houses you know how that goes" and I say "yeah" and nod, and I'm waiting for her to answer my question but I see that she's just got this terrified look on her face, and so my fiance' asks her if she's sure she's ok, she's looking rather pale, and if she needs to sit down. And she says to us, "I know I can lose my job by telling you this, but you don't need to buy this house, don't buy it please.", and I'm like, "What, wait why not", and she just tells us to go home and search it. So she gets in her car and leaves, and we are standing there like what the hell was that. So we go home and of course I'm going to search the damn internet for the house. It only took a few minutes for me to find it and what I found absolutely terrified me.
The article read like something out of a horror novel, a lady who once was a teacher at the middle school behind her house, was killed in that house. Her name was Mrs. Clay, she was awaken by an intruder, who broke in he had been watching her for a few weeks, knew that she was a widow and lived alone, waited by a tree outside her house for almost 4 hours by his own admission, waited for her to go to sleep, cut her screen door, and unlocked her back door. He crept into her room where he beat her with a rubber malet which he found in her kitchen, raped her, stabbed her over 47 times before dragging her body to the bathroom placing her in the tub and practically decapitating her. The family that moved in after her death had added on to the second floor and never took out the tub that she was officially killed in. The STAINS that we seen in the tub where that of her blood!!! When I finished reading the articles about that house, I called the lady thanked her dearly, decided that from this point on I will research every house I even remotely think I'm interested in because according to our laws, you only have to inform a person of a prior death in the house if it has been less than 2 years since it occurred. So that was my experience with house searching, it's scary as hell to think I was in a house where someone was murdered, let alone tried to scratch the blood stains off before realizing they were stains in the tub and all while not knowing anything that had occurred in the house. How many of you have ever experienced something like that? Anyone every researched their house to find out it's history, you may be surprised what you find.


Willow Monroe
www.willowmonroe.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post and may be one to be followed up to see what goes on.

    A mate sent this link the other day and I will be desperately awaiting your next write. Keep on on the superb work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good writer, I am def marking your page so I can keep coming back here. Keep up the good work, you are a real person it shows, and I love that, most people lose it as they grow older you seem to have kept it all. Good job hun. I'll be emailing you shortly.

    ReplyDelete