Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BOWLING!!! and the other

This past Sunday my family and I went bowling. Not a big deal right, well sure to some it may not be, but to me it was a big deal for a couple of reasons. 1. My family and I had never been bowling together and 2. The last time I went bowling I didn't bowl, it was for anger managment therapy which I got kicked out of (No don't feel like this is the time to go into that story so I'll save it for another time), nonetheless I hated bowling with a bunch of people that I didn't like, the only fun thing that happened was when the bowling ball got stuck and the idiot walked out onto the freshly waxed floor and busted their ass, yeah that was funny I laughed lol. So anyways my family and I went bowling, ok, I have 3 boys and a fiance' boys ages 7-9 years old, great I know. So here we are getting ready in the car arriving there, and then the lady says, what size shoes? We didn't know, so we had to try on shoes for a few minutes, we get our shoes and then we got to find a bowling ball. Many of you don't know me personally so you wouldn't know that I am a small person, by small I mean only 4 foot 10 inches tall and have small hands and feet. I can wear my two oldest boys shoes and some of the oldest one's clothes, he's just a couple of inches shorter than me lol. So apparently they have special balls for kids, so of course the lady says to the boys, here come get these balls they are lighter. So they go get 3 cool awesomely colored neon orange balls. So I asked my oldest to go get me a pink one if they have one, because the adult balls were way too heavy. So he does, and I was sooo excited. I had the best ball and so I told all them (the boys and my fiance') I'm gonna win this game, I got my lucky ball now lol. They laugh so do I, because they knew I had never bowled a day in my life. So here we are bowling, and the lady tells us that if the pink pin comes in front and we make a strike we will get a free game. So sure enough my 7 year old's turn is up and bam pink pin, so what does my baby do, he does the smart thing, he asks my fiance' if he can do the bowl for him. Of course, he says yes, and we get another Free GAME!!!! My baby was so excited as was the other two and then I found myself even getting excited about having won the free game. So we play our game taking pictures here and there, and finally the game is done, and guess what??? I WON!!!! Yes I did win, I had a score of 102 (which may not be a lot, but it was enough to win lol) followed by my fiance who scored a 97, then our middle child who scored 79, then our oldest who scored a 78 and then our youngest who scored 39. We were all excited and we can't wait to go back and do it again.

Now fast foward to Monday Labor day, we were driving to get my youngest son's medicine from Walmart before it closed, and what happens. We almost WRECK!!! I don't mean we almost got rear ended, or ran into someone else, I mean a lady who we see down the road a bit at a stop sign (our lane has no stop sign) we see her stopped, I see her look I think she sees us coming. Apparently we were in her blind spot because as we got close she pulls out, we swerve going up on two wheels (yes we almost flipped the truck avoiding this accident, I have a problem getting into wrecks but a bigger problem when my children are in the car) but this lady only stops after we are on two wheels then she brakes. I am panicking, my fiance' is mad as hell, the kids are froze and I'm looking at this lady and she is completely terrified. So of course I make sure my kids are fine, and then tell my fiance' to go check on the lady, (I know we didn't hit cars but I think it's only right to make sure people are okay even after a near miss), and my fiance' is like WHAT, she almost hit us are you serious, and I was like "fine, I'll go check on her, even though I'm not the on with EMT training" (my fiance' is/was an EMT, his trucking job pays better so he's staying with it for the time being), anyway I get out the truck and he's like ok fine, and he gets out, and we go ask if she's ok and she says she's just shaken up but will be ok, we leave and then my fiance' tells me "You know, you are only suppose to do that after you hit cars, we didn't hit so we didn't have to do that", to which I reply "I know, but if that lady would had died from a heart attack after almost being in an accident and we drove away I would feel terrible, so regardless rather you hit or not I feel you should make sure the other party is ok". He laughs, but said it made sense so that happened labor day. And then Today (which now it later so yesterday, Tuesday) we go get the kids from school, and it's been raining here all day and we almost get hit by another car in the same way it's crazy lol.

And another thing, I have been asked in a few different email's if the reason I keep mentioning looking for another house is because I'm afraid my house is haunted, and fear ghost and I would like to answer that for everyone. I am not looking for a new house because I am afraid my current residence is haunted, nor do I fear ghost, I actually find them interesting and enjoy the paranormal very much. I am looking for another house, because the one we currently reside in, is having roof issues, by that I mean when it rains like it has been it pours into our house, well into one of the closets, and into our laundry room, and into my oldest kid's room, so I am wanting a new place to live because I'm tired of waking up with soaked floors and having to walk through dripping roofs, and the fact that it's starting to create black mold in one of the walls scares me so I want to find a safer environment to raise my kids in and for myself. So now you all know lol.

Let me know about your Labor day and any things that have happened with you. If you have kids I would recommend you take them bowling if you don't go anyways it's actually pretty fun, if you go and it's boring just take me and you'll see it's very fun lol. I would not recommend one to go bowling for anger management therapy it will only piss you off more, or at least that was my experience lol. Thank you all for reading and keeping me on my toes lol. If any of you have any more questions you would like to ask me feel free to do so either here or email me and I may just post them here lol the email is willowrmonroe@gmail.com

Willow Monroe

www.willowmonroe.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed bowling, I've never been but after reading your experience maybe I can convince my friends to go with me. I am sorry about the near miss accident, some people drive crazy, especially on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and your family weren't hurt in the near miss, that has to be scary. I love reading your posts, you are a very unique individual unlike any other person I've met thus far in my life, and I'm 62, so chances are you are one of a kind. I wish more people in the world were like you, sadly I don't think I'll see that in my life time, but I hope my children and grandchildren can be half the person you are.

    Pauline Garner

    ReplyDelete