Monday, September 20, 2010

Piercing experiences

The story about my piercings…okay so most people get their daughter’s ear’s pierced when they are young, my parent’s didn’t because the doctor’s told them not to due to my many ear problems. My first ever piercing was my belly button, on a whim I called my oldest sister from school told her to pick me up that I wanted to go to Texas, she took me to the piercing shop, I almost backed out at the last minute but then my sister told me it would fine, so I lay back on the table, and the next thing I know I hear a thud, and of course I try to sit up and the guy doing my piercing is telling me “she’s gonna be ok, he’s helping her up, I’ve just got to finish screwing in your ball” at that point it didn’t register that it was over, because well I was expecting a huge excruciating pain that never happened. When I sat up my sister had fainted, she didn’t understand how I hadn’t even flinched when I got my piercing, and she had to be drunk, and stoned and still freaked out when she got her piercing lol. My second piercing was my ears, I got my top cartilage (a helix) and ear lobes done both at the same time on both ears, every one told me it would hurt, that I wouldn’t be able to sleep on my side etc, however I didn’t feel anything and slept just fine and have never had a problem with them. Sadly though my belly button did get infected during my stay at California so I had to take it out. This is something that anyone who has planned to get a re-piericing done needs to listen to, I went to get my belly button re-piercing about 2 years after I had taken it out because of it being infected, I was expecting the same thing, no pain, everything quick and easy. I was WRONG!!! When you get a re-piercing, they tear through scar tissue, it hurt like hell, I cried, I wanted them to stop and they couldn’t not because they didn’t try, but because the needle was stuck in the scar tissue, it was horrid. So I wouldn’t recommend anyone to get a re-piercing unless you absolutely want it, because it was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt omg. I til this day still have that piercing, it hasn’t gotten infected, it’s cute as hell, but if it happens to get an infection and I take it out, I WILL NOT BE RE-PIERCING IT AGAIN lol. My last and most recent piercing is my bottom lip it didn’t hurt, but I did tell the guy that was piercing my lip to make it tighter because I could still feel my lip and I thought if it was numb it wouldn’t hurt, but he advised me that doing that would make it hurt worse, so I told him to just do it the way he had it. So he did one side and I didn’t feel anything, and then he did the other side, which had to be done twice!!! Because when he did it, he lost the bar, so he couldn’t thread the new one through, so another man came and pierced it again in the same spot without the clamps and I felt a bit of pressure however it wasn’t painful but the pop at the end did scare me I thought he broke something. I’ve got some pictures of it, I’ll try to post them soon, they aren’t the best they were taken with a phone but they are pretty cool. So all in all piercings are great just be careful with re-piercings because they hurt like hell lol.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this blog. It appears that you know a lot about piercings and you've even got pictures that show you've been through it. I appreciate the time you've taken to write your postings it appears you've got a knack for it and I love that. Sadly I don't have those skills but I enjoy reading from people who do. This post alone was worth all my time, I've been debating my piercings for quite some time and now I think with your help I know what I will do now.

    Sheree Pickens

    ReplyDelete