Thursday, September 2, 2010

Write a victim or not write a victim....

I always find myself in odd situations, and here's just another one. All my life growing up people have judged me based on things that family members of mine have done. I never really understood it, and it never really bothered me, but here lately I've been wanting to write letters to the victims (or the families of victims) for which one specific family member of mine committed crimes against. (I have an uncle who went on a killing spree and was once said to be a serial killer). I know that I didn't do the crime, and I'm not planning on apologizing for the crimes committed against them by my uncle, but I do want to apologize that my uncle made them and their families go through that ordeal. I don't plan to make excuses for my uncles behavior, or try to explain his actions away. I simply want to write them a letter, and tell them who I am, and apologize for what my uncle caused them. So what would you do, how would you go about doing this type of thing? Would you write them, or just forget about them? Let me know as I am interested in hearing what others think is the right thing to do/ or what they themselves would do in this situation.


Willow Monroe

www.willowmonroe.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I don't know what I'd do in your situation. I can't wrap my mind around your uncle killing people, I'm from a small town and we don't hear things like this all the time. I don't think it could hurt anything but it may open up the pain the people may feel toward the incident. Just be careful, I'll pray that you get an answer and that your outcome is good.

    ReplyDelete