Saturday, September 18, 2010

Strep Throat!!!!

I am soooo sorry for not being on and updating as of lately. However, I am here to explain why I have been absent in the hopes that they will be excused as well as update you all on my life so lets get to it. First off, the other day I was given two new babies, one is a persian, the other is a tabby. I took them in because my cousin's dog was trying to kill them, and the tabby being quiet small for her age had such a huge gash in her neck that there was no way I could refuse to give them a home, so now I have two extra babies. Also this past week I had a major test in school, which I found out today that I passed so I am totally excited about that. Now as for my being absent, as well as getting two new babies, I was also taking care of my fiance' who has been sick for what seemed like forever. I thought he had the flu and so did he, I got him better "or so I thought", and he went back to work, and of course if I feel he's better, I'm not going to think I can get sick, so when we go buy sno cones, and I eat out of his, and drink out of his soda I'm not thinking I will get sick, because I had taken care of him the whole time he was sick and never got ill, so I thought I was in the free. However, I soon founded out something was lurking inside me!!! It started with a cough, and sore throat, I thought, okay my asthma is acting up, took my inhaler, went to school did my daily tasks, and this went on for a few days, and the whole time I'm thinking it's nothing more than possible allergies, and seasonal asthma right, no wrong. I went to bed as usual on Thursday night, Friday morning at 4:00AM, I wake up, and can't breath, literally I can not breathe!!! I sit up and start choking and trying to get some air, I grab my inhaler and after a few puffs and what seemed like a century I was finally able to breath some. So I call my fiance' who was at work at the time, and planned on asking him what I should do since he's a trained EMT, and he didn't answer, so I text him 911, which is our code for call me now, it's an emergency. Soon after I hit the send button he calls, and I can barely speak, and I try telling him that I can't breathe, my throat is sore, and it's swollen, he tells me, to call 911. So I do, so the ambulance comes and takes me and the boys all in the ambulance to the hospital where I get pumped full of drugs, put to sleep have a tube placed down my throat to help me breath. Apparently, I being a dumbass thinking the whole time I was having allergies or seasonal asthma attack or just simply a cold, I was having Strep throat. My lymph nodes had swollen so badly that while I laid sleeping they were slowly closing off my airway. So now I'm obviously out of the hospital, I left Friday night with a bag full of drugs, two prescriptions, a few holes from the IV's, and a big bill. My advice to anyone who thinks they are in the clear of getting sick, because their partner or whomever is finally well, make for sure, don't just assume because you don't know for sure if they still have a small hint of something that you weren't able to fix like strep throat lol. I have never had strep throat before now, this was my very first experience with it, and hopefully it will be my last but it got very ugly very fast so I hope anyone who thinks they may have it get checked before you end up like me. So that's it, that's why I've been absent and I am so sorry but this was completely out of my control. Now I've got a lot of work to do because I had to miss school Friday, but am hoping to get back on here before too much later and post some pictures of the animals and post some of the answers to the questions I've been getting in emails and things, so just keep checking back. Thank you all again for sticking in there with me, and understanding my absences, I do appreciate it very much.


Willow Monroe
http://www.willowmonroe.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment